Forthcoming attractions

I broken my leg a couple of weeks ago so I'm going to be taking a few weeks off from the radio show.  I'm using the time to catch up on my reading, listening to new music, watching daily IPL games and getting stuck into those DVD series box sets that you just never get round to watching. However, Jif and Jeffo have got some great shows planned for the coming weeks so I'm looking forward to putting my feet up and listening to them. 

Our friend James Holroyd lent me Boardwalk Empire when I was in hospital and chatting with Jeffo about what I'd been up to, he mentioned he had a few snaps he'd taken on the boardwalk at Coney Island which might make a good Eighty Six poster.  Jeffo's taken some lovely pictures, last months Death Valley shot was a real belter but I think this boardwalk at sunset image pips it! excellent work mate.
 
It would only be fitting at this point to say Jeff's pictures would never get off the page without the hard work and artwork skills from Tom Clarke.  Tom's not only a great friend of ours but for the last 5 year's he's taken time out from his own labour of love, (Manchester's aA record label, gig and festival promotion) to turn our posters into things of great beauty. Thanks Tom!


We're really looking forward to the next few months at Jam St and 5 year's in... it's still an absolute pleasure to play records there once a month.  We're really pleased to welcome back Jason Boardman (Aficionado) for the birthday party and we're also made up that Paul 'Mudd' Murphy from our favourite record label Claremont 56 is coming up from 'that London' to play next month. Hopefully I'll be back on my feet by then or at least be able to make it down for a pint.    

This month Mr Bernie Connor is coming over from Liverpool to play. He's a DJ you don't often get to see live in Manchester but he's been friends with many of our friends for many years and I've got Andy Howard and the fanzine When Skies Are Grey to thank for introducing me to reminding me to listen to his great podcast.  If you've never listened to his 'Sound of Music show', (you should, it's life affirming stuff!) - I've written a few words on Bernie, below and added a link. http://bernieworld.podomatic.com/      

Cheers, TC

Comments